Why do I say 10:90 (about ninety) Marketing? Because marketing is no longer monopolized by marketers. Marketing used to be 100 percent done by marketers, consumers get zero percent quota.
Marketers do everything; make superior products, hire an ad agency to create, and then posted the ad broadcast across the country are using TV, radio, or newspapers.
While the only passive consumers receive advertising messages the marketers, while certainly vexed because his favorite league spectacle compromised. Now marketing has changed dramatically. Marketer quite do 10 percent, and the remaining 90 percent is done by consumers.
That is why I call it “10:90″. Marketers simply create authentic brand story, and put it on You-Tube or spark conversation on Twitter / Facebook, that’s it. Then, consumers who work hard to raise and deploy viral bubbles of authentic brand story that to other customers throughout the country.
In “10:90 Marketing” working super hard to market products is not a marketer, but the consumer. There is a basic law in force in the marketing of this new style. It reads as follows:
“The dominant marketer intervene in the product / brand, the more blunt the impact of marketing that is created. Instead, more and more consumer involvement, the marketing success will be achieved more powerful. Due to the law” 10:90 Marketing “is definitely more powerful than “30:70 Marketing”. 30:70 Marketing and definitely more powerful than “60:40 Marketing.” Remember: “Your most powerful marketer is your customers.”
You must still confused. Okay, so that’s easier to understand, let’s look at the two great super marketing case happened this week. First, it is Jokowi victory in election administration. Secondly, it is a scene that is now viral Gangnam Style infecting the world.
Jokowi win of Foke because the power “10:90 Marketing”. Conducted Jokowi and team success is simple indeed: first, building a “superior product” and second, creating “authentic brand story”, that’s it. The remaining period of the voters who had worked hard to win Jokowi. Bekal two it is already more than enough to propel the “irregulars WOM” (“word of mouth”) that directs voters to vote the number 3 in the poll.
What is “superior product” Jokowi? Jokowi achievement for the mayor of Solo, Central Java city branding campaign start “Solo: The Spirit of Java”, humane relocation market, to support the car Esemka that skyrocket his name in the national political arena. Then what is “authentic brand story” Jokowi? Jokowi the iconic leader of a populist, like go to the field, hearing the complaints, the figure of a simple personal and candid. Who is “fabricated” the whole story around the iconic Jokowi?
What makes the story is none other than the public (read: consumer) through the story by word of mouth (WOM) naturally and authentically among rickshaw drivers, chat in the stalls tegal, to discussions on campus (yup, cocreate your brand story!) . This is what the WOM marketing theory called the wisdom of crowd.
Originally a story by word of mouth, but because of the widespread and widely accepted, it is then considered to be the truth. With a capital of past achievements and the story is authentic, iconic Jokowi viral spread rapidly to all parts of the country the day before the election.
This is where the masses are working hard to spread the stories of the icons Jokowi either offline (word of mouth) and online (via the Internet domains). Social media such as YouTube, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, to fuel a powerful tool that allows the masses so easily spread the word about Jokowi icon.
In short, most of the marketing Jokowi in election administration is not done Jokowi and team success, but performed volunteer, natural, and authentic by the mass electorate through the deployment of a powerful WOM. Jokowi do 10 percent of the work, the remaining 90 percent by mass of voters.
The phenomenon of fever Gangnam Style the same money. Song and dance style that was released mid-July 2012 it achieved exceptional marketing success around the world because of the power of “10:90 Marketing”. New dance style from South Korea initiated rapper Psy is now solving the Guinness World Record as the the Most ‘Liked’ Video in YouTube History, which until this week watched 235 million times. As with Jokowi, marketing major players Gangnam Style is not a record label Psy or carrying him, but the audience of the new dance in five continents across.
What is “superior product” Gangnam Style? No other song is the beat and witty; too of dance styles horseback unique, fresh, and rather nyleneh of dance that has been there. Then what is “authentic brand story” of Gangnam Style? None other stories surrounding this dance: from the story of the Gangnam district (the Beverly Hills of his Seoul); satire consumptive lifestyle that became the theme song / dance; to look Psy “anti K-pop idol” alias contrary to generally figure K-pop icons cool and cute.
The key to successful marketing is Gangnam style massive role of the army WOM around the world. Starting from the powerful influencers, the world celebrities such as Robbie Williams, TPain, Katy Perry, Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, Nelly Furtado up. The celebrities are very powerfuldi social media and conventional media is, viral fever triggered Gangnam Style. Influencers early action was followed by the action of a volunteer army of WOM and promote genuine dance.
The action stuff. Can be through-cuit cuit on Twitter and Facebook, upload videos and mock Gangnam Style parody versions, or make flash mob action (including the flash mob in Gangnam Style roundabout involving 800-plus members some time ago). As with Jokowi, Psy and his team made 10 percent of the work, the remaining 90 percent by mass of consumers around the world. Be smart marketers like Jokowi and Psy.
They are so beautiful and expertly manipulate consumers (yup, community of evangelists) to market themselves and their products. Remember the law: pretty smart marketers work 10 percent, 90 percent of the rest is left to consumers.